My life in a word.
Pretty basic/bland/boring but whatever. Listening to the Justin Bieber XMAS Album ♥.
Anyways, I am coming back right before the National Championships for NCAA XC. Here are my predictions.
The Individual race will be DOMINATED by Lawi Lalang for the 2nd year in a row! If Stephen Sambu isn’t 2nd, i expect to see Mohammed Ahmed. Henry Lelei and Girma Mecheso should round out the top 5. Kennedy Kithuka of Texas Tech is a new face in the crowd, he is a 2 time NAIA XC Champ. I think in his first NCAA Championship, he will definately get top 10, no better than 6th though.
For the team race, it’s anybody’s race. Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin, Stanford appear to be front runners for the title. But Oklahoma, Florida State, Virginia and OK State had BADASS showings at their Regional and it looks like they may be in the hunt.
1. Stanford – Those Ginger twins are crazy good! But, I think they have a solid team and I think they will be pretty close throughout the race. They were 5th last year, but the team has a completely different look. It would be badass if their entire team dyed their hair Orange for Nationals!
2. Texas – (although they recieved a Laker-esque signing with Kyle Merber) they’ll fall short. I like Craig Lutz a lot more than I should and they have a pretty solid 1-5. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did better? They were only 11th last year, is Merber enough to bring them up 9 places? Only time will tell.
3. Colorado – You guys are already winners (peep the photo below)! On another note, what happened to Ammar Moussa?!?! Anyways, I know that Colorado was 3rd last year but I don’t think that they’ll go any higher than that this year either.
4. Florida State – Pretty Sick Squad. They dominated the South Regional. The guys were only good enough for 12th last year but I expect that they will improve this time around. Don’t know much about them but, Genevieve Lacaze is from Florida so…
5. Wisconsin – Ahmed just is not enough. Also, Maverick Darling had a wardrobe malfunction last year at NCAAs and when Janet Jackson had her wardrobe malfunction, her career went to shit. They won NCAAs last year but they lost Elliot Krause and Ryan Collins. I think they won’t have a problem making top 5 but anything more, they’ll have to really work for.
Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Virginia, NAU, and Iona to round out the top 10.
6 more friggin’ days!! The race is scheduled for November 17, 2012 at 12:15 Central/1:15 Eastern. I hope that Flotrack does a live feed like they did last year. That would be ballin’. The course is in Louisville, KY.. it could be a fast one.