Sooo, if any of you are like me, you have absolutely no idea WTF is going on with Oregon professional running circle. I thought there was one OTC, they all wore the same jersey at one point, so it made since that they were all a big team. But then I start hearing different coaches names and shxt about different groups, and so, I Google’d it.. And then I found out that Alberto Salazar’s group became the Oregon Project. And Now OTC has two official branches, one group trains in Eugene with Mark Rowland and the other group trains in
Wisconsin Portland with Jerry Schumacher. So who runs the state?
So then comes the problem of sorting runner…who goes where??
Schumacher’s Group – Matt Tegankamp, Chris Solinsky, Evan Jager, Lopez Lomong, Andrew Bumbalough, Shalane Flanagan, and Kara Goucher.
Al Sal’z Group – Galen Rupp,
Alan Webb, Mo Farah, Dathan Ritz…., Matthew Centrowitz, Ciaran O’Lionard, and Kara Goucher.
Rowland’s Group – Jordan McNamara, Ashton Eaton, Jesse Williams, Andrew Wheating, AJ Acosta (trains with Wheating/Brown), Nick Symmonds, Sam Chelanga, Tyler Mulder, Sally Kipyego, Jemma Simpson, and Russell Brown. (Missing lots of people)
Needless to say, all three groups are very talented, but which group is better?
They all have:
- poster boy’s (Solinsky, Rupp/Centrowitz, Symmonds/Wheating)
- token black guy’s (Bairu/Lomong, Farah, Chelanga/½ McNamara/½ Mulder/possibly ¼ Eaton)
- very fast women (Goucher/Flanagan, Rupp, Kipyego)
- insane hair (Jager – Locks golder than Goldie’s, O’Lionard – Mullet of Champions, McNamara – Waves that make you seasick)
- Daegu WC Medalist’s (Flanagan, Farah, Centrowitz, Williams, Eaton, Kipyego)
OTC Eugene > Oregon Project > OTC Portland
OTC Eugene is just too much, they have the distances covered from 800 to 10K, they have field events and Jemma Simpson is hot. If Oregon Project would have kept Kara Goucher, they’d most likely be the winners. OTC Portland is two ladies away from being a sausage fest.
Definitions (courtesy of UrbanDictionary.com):
- Linus- The male reproductive organ.
- Peep- To look at or listen.
- #winning- What Charlie Sheen does.
- OTC- Oregon Track Club.
- WC- World Championship.